Looking for a career change which better reflects your passion? Have you ever thought about working to improve and save the lives of companion animals who are suffering in Atlanta? Take this opportunity to check us out now! LifeLine Animal Project at Fulton County Animal Services currently has the following job openings:
- Adoption Counselor
Scroll down to read more information about each job and how to apply. All candidates must pass a background check and drug screening.
Responsible for counseling the public about potential pets for adoption; reviewing adoption applications submitted by the public based on written guidelines; receiving adoption fees and updating the software system with information necessary to complete the adoption. Also responsible for tasks which help to increase the number of adoptions such as photo taking and social media posts and other tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer emails and phone calls from the public regarding pets for adoption in a prompt, professional and informative manner.
- Provide information to potential adopters about housetraining methods, the need for puppy/kitten follow up shots/yearly veterinary care/heartworm prevention and other pet related information.
- Answer questions from the public about pets for adoption including the behavior of specific breeds, dog and cat behavior, pet care, whether a specific pet would be good with children or other dogs and other pertinent information.
- Review adoption applications submitted by the public to determine if the applicant meets written adoption guidelines. Approve or deny the application for adoption in a professional manner. Ask questions of the applicant if necessary to clarify information on the written adoption application.
- Properly input all information necessary for the adoption into the software system
- Handle adoption fees and perform cash box closing for the adoption cash box.
- Perform tasks to increase the number of adoptions including taking pictures and videos of pets for adoption and posting on Facebook and in the animal management software.
- May be required to assist with owner surrender counseling, rescue groups and cleaning when needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- High School education or equivalent.
- One to two years of experience in a veterinary clinic, hospital animal shelter or control facility.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Extensive knowledge of dog and cat behavior, training and of animal breed recognition is also required.
- Knowledge in animal health and well-being to include nutrition needs, resources for information, knowledge of common animal diseases
- Ability to identify animal species, breeds, ages and sexes. Ability to identify signs of animal illnesses and injuries. Ability to recognize common animal behavior.
- Demonstrated personal communication knowledge to include effective phone skills, effective interviewing techniques, public speaking and ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Must be available to work on weekends.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.