Fulton County Animal Services offers many volunteer opportunities! Depending on your interests, abilities and availability, there are many ways you can volunteer. Examples of opportunities include:
- Assisting potential adopters
- Bathing and grooming dogs
- Exercising dogs
- Assisting at offsite adoption events
- Taking pictures of pets at the shelter
- Bottle feeding orphaned neonatal animals until a rescue or foster can be found
- Performing clerical tasks
In order to qualify as a volunteer, you:
- Must be at least 18 years of age, children 14 to 17 may volunteer with parent or legal guardian with them at all times.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony; must not have animal ordinance violation convictions; must not have turned in your own pet to the shelter
- Must be willing to contribute a minimum of six hours a month of volunteer time
- Must attend a volunteer orientation, agree to follow volunteer rules and sign a liability release waiver
- Please note that our volunteer tasks are scheduled and may begin at different times of day and last different lengths of time, depending on the task.