Fulton County Animal Services offers many volunteer opportunities! Our current volunteer calendar pdf is here. Depending on your interests, abilities and availability, there are many ways you can volunteer. You can check our regular and urgent facebook pages for posts on potential adoption opportunitie, which include:
- Assisting potential adopters
- Bathing and grooming dogs
- Participate in our Dog for the Day Program
- Exercising dogs in our play yards
- Exercising dogs in our Tuesday FCAS Run Club
- Assisting at offsite adoption events
- Taking pictures of pets at the shelter
- Bottle feeding orphaned neonatal animals until a rescue or foster can be found
- Performing clerical tasks
In order to qualify as a volunteer, you:
- Must be at least 18 years of age, children 14 to 17 may volunteer with parent or legal guardian with them at all times.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony; must not have animal ordinance violation convictions; must not have turned in your own pet to the shelter
- Must be willing to contribute a minimum of six hours a month of volunteer time
- Must attend a volunteer orientation, agree to follow volunteer rules and sign a liability release waiver
- Please note that our volunteer tasks are scheduled and may begin at different times of day and last different lengths of time, depending on the task.